What is it?
The Liebster Award is an award that is given by bloggers to other bloggers. It’s just a nice way to recognize and support one another, as we work on growing our blog and building connections. It can also be a fun way to get to know one another.
The rules are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- State 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer their questions
- Write questions for your nominees
- Nominate between 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve this award.
- List the rules on your post.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated them for the award.
I was nominated!
My blog, Simply Be Wild & Free was nominated for this award by Jenny at Living Life Loving Us. I just recently spent some time reading her blog for the first time and it’s filled with lots of useful Mommy tips, budgeting solutions, and meal prep ideas. I encourage you to check it out!
I am so incredibly thankful to be surrounded by other up and coming bloggers that are not only supportive, but also extremely helpful! Thank you Jenny for the nomination, and I wish you well in your blogging adventure!
My 10 random facts
- I’m a huge introvert. Most people probably wouldn’t believe it if I told them, but it’s the cold hard truth. People aren’t my thing, and staying home curled up on the couch totally is.
- I’m a coffee fanatic. I will literally drink it day or night. I take coffee anyway I can get it… coffee flavored ice cream, chocolate covered coffee beans, as well as coffee in its ultimate form, black.
- I’m a closet unschooler. In life, I totally thrive on lists, organization, and a plan. However, when it comes to homeschooling, I secretly just want to let the kids run loose and school themselves.
- I’m addicted to cream cheese. Ok, this is totally bad you guys. Cream cheese is a huge weakness of mine! If there is a chance to slip it into a recipe, I’m probably going to do it.
- I live in suburbia, but dream of mountains. The truth. We barely have a back yard and live in a small subdivision of about 30-40 houses. I totally crave wilderness and mountains, so do my kids. Moving somewhere with land is definitely on our bucket list.
- I have a hard time relaxing. I’m a worker. Constant productivity, organizing, planning, and doing are all a huge part of who I am. Taking those moments to just simply be doesn’t come naturally to me, but I’ve recently been able to embrace them more often.
- I’d rather be barefoot. Seriously, though. I’m all for cute shoes in the spring and warm boots in the winter, but being barefoot is where it’s at! It’s quite possible that I’m barefoot right now 🙂
- I enjoy reading, but it takes me forever to finish a book. Sounds strange, but it’s true. Life can be crazy busy and my attention span is sometimes lacking. I typically make a goal for myself to finish 1 book a month.
- I’m a night owl. I seriously function at my best after 9pm. It’s crazy! I am completely morning impaired and always have been.
- I can’t function without my morning routine. Like I said above, I’m 100% not a morning person. I seriously can’t do anything productive unless I’ve followed this pattern in the morning – shower, dressed (in real clothes), bed made, coffee, prayer. Ok, it’s possible I’m a little OCD as well. Haha!
10 Questions asked by Jenny
- What is your favorite part about blogging? My favorite part about blogging has to be the fact that I’ve been able to open up and share the things in my heart.
- Who are you? Not what you do, who are you? I am hardworking, organized, and passionate.
- What is your single most memorable moment in life? Reading “I’ll love you forever” with my mom as a young child.
- Where is your ideal location to live?Montana, for sure. The mountains, the nature, the wildlife, it’s all calling my name.
- Would making more money make you happier? Yes. Not because I have a desire to be rolling in dough and buy all the things, but because it would give our family the ability to move and explore!
- List 10 things that bring you joy. My family, dogs, car rides with the windows down, music, good food, journaling, fall weather, lazy weekends, photos/memories, and a clean house.
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years? Still going strong!
- If you had a week to yourself, to do anything and everything you wanted, what would you do? Oh my word, 7 days all by myself? Day 1 – stay in bed ALL day. Days 2-4 – clean and organize my house from top to bottom. Day 5 journal, craft, and read while indulging in coffee and treats. Day 6 – workout, watch a good movie, and do a little extra cleaning. Day 7 – hang out in bed and rest up, because the kids and husband will obviously be returning the next day. Haha.
- Who do you look up to most in the professional world? Honestly, stay-at-home, work from home moms. They have the toughest job in the world. Hats off to them, for real! Who do you strive to be more like? My mother. Every day, forever, I will always strive to be more like her. She has a heart filled with compassion and life, and has always been so incredibly supportive of me.
- What’s your favorite corny joke? Why was the 6 afraid of the 7? Cause 7 ate 9! Ha! Loved that joke as a kid.
Who I’m nominating
I’m super excited to nominate these fabulous blogs! Some of these wonderful ladies have reached out a helping hand, and I’m so incredibly thankful for them! The others just have blogs that have caught my eye recently, now on to the nominees!
My 10 questions
- Who do you admire most?
- If you could join any profession, no degree required, what would it be?
- If you had the chance to go back and change something in your life, would you? If so, what would you change?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Who are the 3 most important people in your life?
- What trait do you consider most valuable in others?
- Why did you decide to start a blog and how long have you been doing it?
- What is your favorite memory from when you were a child?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- Just for fun – What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Super excited to hear everyone’s answers, as we get to know each other a little better 🙂
Feel free to stay in touch! Contact Me