My Oily Experience with Peppermint
We love using peppermint essential oil in our home. My middle son depends on it for stomach discomfort and enjoys the pleasant aroma in his diffuser. My husband (who is the baker in our home) loves to experiment by putting in our baked goods.
However, using it as a fever reducer is my absolute favorite way to use peppermint oil. Due to constant essential oil usage in our home, we rarely get sick (knock on wood). On the rare occasion that a fever does arise, peppermint oil to the rescue! We have yet to meet a fever that peppermint oil couldn’t break.
Product Highlight – Peppermint Essential Oil
Young Living Peppermint essential oil has a wonderful minty aroma, can be used for a number of ailments, and can be used three different ways: aromatically, topically, and orally.
Peppermint Essential Oil Uses & Ways to Apply
- Diffuse for energy and alertness
- Inhale for congestion and sinus pressure
- Inhale directly from bottle to reduce nausea
- Rub into your temples, forehead, or neck to relieve headaches.
- Rub on the belly for nausea
- Massage into sore muscles to relieve aches and pains.
- Apply to joints for arthritis pain.
- Rub on the bottom of the feet to break fevers.
- Rub on chest or back to open the lungs and ease congestion.
- Apply to temples and back of neck to improve circulation and decrease headaches.
*NOTE: When applying oils topically you may want to dilute with a carrier oil for sensitive skin. Always dilute for young children! Coconut oil and olive oil are our typical go to carrier oils. However, Young Living also carries an amazing V6 blender oil for topical use.
You can easily create muscle or vapor rubs, by mixing coconut oil with peppermint essential oil.
- Drink a full glass of water with 1 drop of oil to combat acid reflux.
- Add a few drops to baked goods for a refreshing hint of mint (brownies and cookies are the best!)
- Place a drop on your tongue to improve concentration.
- Take 2-3 drops in a capsule to suppress appetite.
- Mix a single drop into honey, then brew your favorite tea over for a refreshing treat.
- Add a single drop to your morning coffee (add a splash of cream or dilute with ghee) for some delicious winter comfort.
*NOTE: Peppermint Vitality is labeled for oral use, but contains the same essential oil as regular peppermint oil.
Why Young Living?
First, Young Living owns and operates their own farms, distilleries, labs, and warehouses. They have set their standards extremely high, being the only essential oil company that has a seed to seal guarantee. Also, all Young Livings oils are totally organic. The pest control on their plants is done with Young Living oils and they are weeded by hand. Lastly, Young Living has the largest amount of single oils and blends available than any other oil company in the world!
If you would like to know more about the specific oil highlighted here, other Young Living products, or would like to sign up as a distributor, please feel free to connect with me! You can also check out my Young Living Essential Oils & Their Uses post here for more information on the Young Living brand, their methods, and standards.
If you would like to stay up to date on all Young Living product highlights, receive special deals or product promotions, please sign up for my monthly Healthy Living newsletter. Signing up will also give you uniquely simple monthly tips and tricks on how to keep your family healthy and fit!