Super Cute Picture Frames
a Father’s Day Craft…
This craft is so incredibly simple, you guys!! I literally came up with the idea and executed this amazing Father’s Day craft in a single afternoon. The added bonus? My husband loved it!
Looking other fun craft ideas to do with your kids this summer? Check out Summer Crafts for Kids
- 3 (or more) Photo frames
- White card stock
That’s seriously it, you guys! Crazy simple supplies and super budget friendly! Especially if you buy good quality, low priced frames. Clearance can be an easy solution if you’re looking for unique frames at a smaller price point. However, if you’re on a time crunch you can easily find a good selection of simple frames for $5 or less!
Check out some of my top go to options when looking for budget friendly frames!
- Wood Grain Frame – This frame is super simple and so incredibly budget friendly! You can seriously throw this craft together for around $6 with these frames. Say what?!
- Simple White Frame– A little more pricey than the above frames, but these frames supply such a super classic look! Can’t really go wrong with a white frame like this!
- Multicolored Basic Frames – Ok, so this frame selection is slightly over the $5 price point mentioned above. However, they are kinda perfect for this craft because there are a bunch of fun colors to choose from!
- Unfinished Scallop Frame – These are a great option if you have a little extra time on your hands! Your kids can paint their own frame for daddy, or you can finish them with stain to match your home decor. Plus, they definitely won’t hurt the wallet!
- Mini Clip Frame – This is a super cute option if dad or grandpa have limited space! These adorable clip frames are perfect for creating a mini version with wallet sized photos! So cute, you guys!!
- First, you will need to do a little prep work. Pick up 3 photo frames.
- Second, cut your card stock down to size so that it will fit into the photo frames easily.
*NOTE: I used 3 – 3.5 x 5 photo frames when I did this with my kids a few years back.
- Using your markers, write the words WE ♡ DAD, writing one word on each piece of card stock.
*TIP: If your children are older, encourage them to this part themselves & get creative with it!
- Now for the best part, plan a super quick photo shoot! Get some shots of your kids individually holding their frame.
- Once all photos have been taken, print the pictures and put them straight into the same picture frame!
I told you this was easy, right?! Wasn’t even kidding!
My husband absolutely loved this gift! A picture of his kids holding the same frame their picture was in… pretty cool!
Other Ideas & Options
This craft is super simple, but can easily be adapted if need be!
Not sure the way we made ours will be the best option for you? Check out these tips and ideas!
- Have more than three kids? Try spelling the word daddy or grandpa, putting one letter in each frame instead of doing a phrase!
- Only have one child? Try mixing it up! Create the phrase I ♡ DAD and have them hold each frame while posing differently or making funny faces. Or, simply take one photo with a larger frame!
Love this Father’s Day craft idea? Share it on social media!
Looking for some
Summer Fun Ideas?
Check out these top posts!
- Summer Crafting Essentials
- Top 10 Board Games for Summer
- Summer Reading Challenge (free printable)
- Summer Bucket List (free printable)