Homeschooling 5th & 6th Grade
Using Simple Workbooks…
Workbooks are a staple in our homeschool! We lean on them quite a bit during the summer time, but also enjoy using them during downtime throughout the year as well! This mega list of 5th and 6th grade workbooks are perfect for simple summer learning or as homeschool supplements!
Check out all our 5th & 6th grade workbooks recommendations below!
Workbooks for 5th Grade
and 6th Grade Workbooks too…
While I wouldn’t personally homeschool 5th grade & 6th grade using only workbooks — many of these 5th & 6th grade workbooks are actually perfect for using along side your homeschool curriculum!
Want to know how I use workbooks and printable worksheets over summer break? Check out Summer Worksheets & Workbooks to get all the details on our summer worksheet packs!
Mark Twain Media
- Quick Starts Writing Grade 6
- Quick Starts World History Grade 6
- Quick Starts Analogies Grade 6
- Quick Starts Word Parts Grade 6
- Quick Starts US Constitution Grade 6
- Quick Starts Abbreviations
- Skill Builders Math Grade 6
- Skill Builders Reading Comprehension Grade 6
- Singapore Math Mental Math Grade 6
- Must Know Word Problems Grade 6
- Step-by-Step Problem Solving Grade 6
- Skill Builders Geometry (grades 6-8)
- Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills Grade 6
Thinking Kids Workbooks
- Summer Bridge 4-5
- Cursive Letters
- Summer Link Grade 5
- Complete Book of Maps & Geography (grades 3-6)
- Skill Builders Introduction to Geometry (grades 4-5)
- Skill Builders Reading Comprehension Grade 5
- Skill Builders Cursive Handwriting (grades 3-5)
- Skill Builders Grammar Grade 5
- Skill Builders Math Grade 5
- Skill Builders Pre-Algebra (grades 4-5)
- Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills Grade 5
- Step-by-Step Problem Solving Grade 5
- Singapore Math Must Know Word Problems Grade 5
- Summer Link Grade 6
Homeschooling 5th & 6th Grade
Simple Ways to Use Workbooks…
Homeschooling 5th grade doesn’t have to be stressful! It’s actually the perfect time for children to embrace their independence and start taking more responsibility for their own school work – 5th grade truly is a transition year (between elementary & middle school).
Check out these simple ways to use workbooks for your 5th grader!
Homeschooling 5th Grade…
- Extra Practice – Yes, yes, yes! If your child is struggling with a certain concept, using workbooks for extra practice is genius – not to mention a super budget friendly option. Try sneaking a workbook into your Lazy Morning Basket or simply use them on free days!
- On the Go – Seriously one of my favorite options – super simple too! If you have a crazy busy day away from home and homeschool lessons just aren’t going to happen, workbooks to the rescue! I love falling on workbooks for days like this because even if we didn’t get lessons done, the kids still did some learning. It’s also a great remedy for that pesky mom guilt that creeps up on days like this.
- Looping – Workbooks are perfect for adding to a homeschool loop schedule! If you already have your core subjects lined up, try adding in workbooks for all the extras! Then, simply add them into your loop. Not sure how to do this? Check out my looping posts below!
More Homeschool Help
Follow Simply Be Wild & Free on social media or join our email newsletter for current information, tips, and homeschool deals. Plus, if you sign up for our real time post notifications, you will get updates every time a new blog post goes live!
Free Homeschool Resources
Including Second Grade Worksheets…
Did you know Simply Be Wild & Free has a free resource library? This resource hub has free curriculum, worksheets, and online helps for homeschooling preschool-highschool!
Find this content useful? Share it on social media and bookmark it for later!